Moving to Tampa or St. Pete and love museums? We have you covered!
3 Great Museums in Tampa and St. Pete
1. Dali Museum. The Salvador Dali Museum in St. Petersburg is dedicated to the Catalonian artist (1904-1989) best known for his Surrealist paintings such as “The Persistence of Memory.” It houses the largest collection of the prolific artist’s work outside of Europe. Enjoy Spanish-style snacks at Cafe Gala (named for Dali’s wife), located on the museum’s first floor. Outside on the grounds of the museum, visitors can walk through a labyrinthine hedge maze.
2. Florida Museum of Photographic Arts. FMoPA, located in Rivergate Plaza in the Waterfront Arts District, was conceptualized by business owner Cynthia L. Flowers in 2001 and brought into existence with help from other local businesses that same year. It collects works of art photography from local, national, and international artists. A large part of its mission is community outreach and education, so look for frequent hands-on events.
3. Tampa Museum of Art. This contemporary and modern art museum can be found downtown on the shore of the Hillsborough River. In fact, it claims to be the only museum in the United States accessible by boat, with two boat slips. Permanent collections include a wing of Greek and Roman antiquities and the exterior installation, which features more than 140 LED lights programmed by new media artist Leo Villareal.
Are You Moving to St. Pete?
Check out our:
- St Petersburg Condos
- St Petersburg Golf Course Homes
- St Petersburg Luxury Homes
- St Petersburg Town Homes
- St Petersburg Waterfront Homes
You can also search St. Pete listings by price:
- St Petersburg Homes under 100k
- St Petersburg Homes 100k – 200k
- St Petersburg Homes 200k – 300k
- St Petersburg Homes 300k – 400k
- St Petersburg Homes 400k – 500k
- St Petersburg Homes 500k – 600k
- St Petersburg Homes 600k – 700k
- St Petersburg Homes 700k – 800k
- St Petersburg Homes 800k – 900k
- St Petersburg Homes 900k – 1 Million
- St Petersburg Homes over 1 Million
You can also explore:
Call us at 727-584-8480 or 813-961-6000. If it’s easier, get in touch with us online. We’ll begin searching for your new home right away.