When you choose to purchase a custom home, you’ll need to do plenty of research to make sure you’re working with the right builder.
There are dozens of custom homebuilders in Tampa Bay, so after you narrow down your search based on Internet research, reviews and word-of-mouth, you’ll have to interview those on your “short list.”
But what do you ask – and how do you know you’re asking the right questions?
5 Things to Ask Your Tampa Bay Custom Homebuilder
Good custom homebuilders in the Tampa Bay area will invite you in to see what they’re all about, so it’s a good idea to make a personal appearance; you’ll be able to see a portfolio of their recent work and ask all the questions you need to ask.
This is just a springboard to get you started. Make sure you write down any other questions you have so you don’t forget them while you’re meeting with the builder.
- How do you compare yourself with other builders in Tampa Bay when it comes to costs and benefits?
- Will I work with your designers to create my own floor plan? Will you simply modify your existing floor plans to meet my needs?
- How do you determine the final price of the custom homes you build? When do you determine the final price?
- How long does it generally take to complete a custom home?
- What kind of access will I have to the home while you’re building it?
Should You Buy a Custom Tampa Bay Home?
The decision to buy a custom home rather than a preexisting home is a very personal one. There’s no one-size-fits-all answer for everyone. If you do choose to purchase a custom home, you’ll still need to purchase the property, whether it’s in a Tampa Bay subdivision or in another area.
If you need help with your real estate search, call us at 727-584-8480 (Pinellas) or 813-961-6000 (Hillsborough). You can also get in touch with us online. We’ll use our in-depth knowledge of the entire Tampa Bay area to help you find the perfect place to call home.