GFCI and AFCI outlets could prevent over half of the 28,000 electrical home fires and a majority of electrocutions in the U.S. every year. These outlets detect ground faults or arc faults and instantly break the connection. Breaking the connection from an arc fault reduces the risk of fire.
GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) outlet mandates for kitchens, garages, bathrooms and other damp locations have been around for awhile. Meanwhile, AFCI (Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter) outlet requirements in the National Electrical Code were added for kitchens, bedrooms, living rooms and laundry rooms more recently.
AFCI/GFCI dual function outlets can prevent both types of faults with just one device. Plus, the reset buttons on the outlets are much more convenient than taking a trip to the breaker panel!
Thinking of Selling Your Tampa Bay Area Home?
If you’re interested in selling a Tampa Bay area home, please contact us for more information about listing your home. Check out our helpful article describing the process and how to decide if it’s the right time to sell.
Are You Buying a Home for Sale in Tampa Bay?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Tampa Bay, do a quick online search or check out our:
- Tampa Bay homes for sale under $100,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $100,000 and $200,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $200,000 and $300,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $500,000 and $600,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $600,000 and $700,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $700,000 and $800,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $800,000 and $900,000
Our experienced agents know the area and would love to find you the perfect home in the Tampa Bay or any of the surrounding areas. When you’re ready, call us at 813-961-6000, or contact us online. We handle real estate in Hillsborough County (the Tampa – St. Petersburg – Clearwater metropolitan area), real estate in Pasco County (Port Richey, New Port Richey, Dade City, Zephyrhills and San Antonio), and real estate in Pinellas County (Tampa – St. Petersburg metropolitan area.) We’ll help you find the right home for your needs!