When you’re making an offer on a home that other people are interested in buying, you need to do something to make your offer stand out – but short of renting a billboard nearby, what can you do?
How to Make Your Offer Stand Out in the Tampa Bay Real Estate Market
It’s common knowledge that sellers may get two or more simultaneous offers on their home, so you need yours to stand out.
The first thing you need is a preapproval letter from your lender. Many people think that a prequalification letter is sufficient, but an actual preapproval is much better because it shows the seller that your lender is committing to give you the right amount of money as long as your circumstances don’t change dramatically.
There’s no way to guarantee that a seller will accept your offer, but you can make it stand out (and therefore more likely to be accepted) by:
- Paying your own costs instead of asking the seller to cover them
- Offering to close early or to let the seller lease the home from you until he or she buys a new house
- Concede to make repairs rather than requesting the seller to handle them
- Avoid making your offer contingent upon selling your own home
- Connect with the seller by sending a personal note with your offer that includes your good impressions of the home
You can expect the seller’s Realtor® to work hard to get them the best deal, and by putting your best offer forward, there’s a greater likelihood that yours will be the one they prefer.
Are You Looking at Homes for Sale in Tampa Bay?
Before you can make an offer, you have to find a home that’s right for you. Please take a few moments to browse our Tampa Bay real estate listings. You can also call us at 727-584-8480 (Pinellas County) or 813-961-6000 (Hillsborough County). If it’s easier, you can just fill out our online contact form and let us know what you’re looking for so we can build a custom search just for you.