Located in one of Florida’s most beautiful areas, Plant City is a wonderful agricultural destination with a subtropical climate throughout the year. Although its Gulf Coast climate boasts plenty of tropical flora, as well as an abundance of deliciously local fruits and vegetables, the city itself is actually named after Henry Plant, a famous 1800s railroad developer. Nonetheless, Plant City is a unique variant of most typical Florida cities — and it’s a prime example of why you don’t need sand and sea to enjoy living in Florida (and it’s also only an hour away from Disney World).
There’s always something going on in this great city. What will you do when you move to Plant City?
The Annual Florida Strawberry Festival
Plant City’s beautiful weather allows the area’s famous strawberries to thrive. This annual 10-day event in “strawberry country,” which takes place between March 3 and March 13, is a must-see – here’s what happens:
- You’ll enjoy all the freshest strawberries Plant City is known for
- Florida’s hottest local musicians play day and night
- Participate (or spectate) in a huge variety of competitions, from livestock judging to baby pageants
If your children have Jurassic fever, this exciting attraction has the cure!
- 20-acres of dinosaur exhibits to enjoy in a lush, tropical garden environment
- Animatronic dinosaur displays provide moving examples of prehistoric life for your kids to enjoy
- An interactive fossil dig will allow your child to discover real artifacts just like an actual archaeolgist
Strawberries aren’t the only fruit growing in Plant City. The temperate climate is also perfect for juicy, plump grapes to grow, and that can only mean one thing – great wine!
- The Keel and Curley winery provides wonderful tours every Saturday and Sunday on the hour, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m.
- Wine Flights – sample eight different high-quality local Floridian wines
- Beer Flights – With five different beers and cider to choose from, how can you go wrong?
Are You Moving to Plant City?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Plant City, we can help you. We know this area inside and out, and we’ll be happy to search for homes that meet your needs.
Call us at 727-584-8480 or 813-961-6000. You can also contact us online to let us know what you need – we’ll start looking right away.