Being a freelancer is empowering. You get to set your own hours, do what you want to do, and see the results of your hard work in your PayPal account. However, it also carries a myriad of challenges. You have to be disciplined and stick to a schedule. You probably won’t get paid time off either. Luckily for you, the internet has a large variety of tools that you can get your hands on, many of which are free, that will help you get organized and become more productive. Here are a few useful tools to try out:
- Toggl is a handy time-tracking tool that will allow you to chronicle how much time you spend on each task. You can easily track how much time you spend both online and offline working on certain projects and then use the information to better reevaluate how you spend your time.
- Google Meet is an easy online video conferencing tool that requires no installation on your end or the users end. Just enter the meeting ID and it works in your browser!
- Due helps you get paid on time by allowing you to manage and send invoices for free. Use it to remind your clients to pay you on time.
- Wunderlist help you create and manage the one thing every freelancer needs: a to-do list. Combine this with Toggl to master your time management.
- Shoeboxed gives you an easy way to manage your receipts, business cards, and other expense reports by turning them into a digital pile of information that can be easily organized.
- Buffer is a handy tool that allows you to schedule your social media posts. You only get quite a limited amount of posts if you are using the free version, however.
- Teamwork is a handy work & project management tool that helps freelancers and remote teams to collaborate and manage project tasks together. It includes a full suite of products including chat and Desk which allow you to seamlessly manage your business and projects easily.
- Asana is a work management platform that you can use to create tasks and share with team members to make sure work gets done on time.
- Hively is a fun way to encourage co-workers, clients, and partners to give you helpful and friendly feedback on your work.
- ScheduleOnce is a scheduling program that you can create custom appointment settings in and send a personal link to people to schedule time to chat with you. The link can also be embedded into your website or added into your email signature.
- Focus Booster helps you work by using the Pomdoro Method, where you work intensely for a large chunk of time followed by a short break.
- SaneBox organizes your emails by weeding out the unimportant ones and giving you quick summaries of the content.
- Trello is a useful management tool that tells you who is working on what and what work still needs to be completed.
- Everlance is a tool made for Uber and Lyft drivers, though it’s applicable to any job that requires driving. It keeps track of your miles so that you can use them for tax deduction later.
- Canva is a creative tool that makes it easy to design social media images and graphics in a snap!
These are just a few of the many tools available to freelancers throughout the web. Use whatever helps you stay on task and keep productive. Do the things that help you achieve your best performance and stay on top of your game. You’ll find that such technologies definitely come in handy.
Are You thinking of buying a Home in Tampa Bay?
Use our site to search homes for sale in Tampa Bay and all of our surrounding areas. Unlike the “big name” sites out there, our site is directly connected to our local MLS and is updated EVERY HOUR. By creating a Property Manager account you can stay on top of the newest homes for sale and get Price Change alerts so you can stay ahead of other buyers and beat them to the BEST deals!
In the meantime, check out these 1 click searches: