There are dozens of custom homebuilders in Tampa Bay, so after you narrow down your search based on Internet research, reviews and word-of-mouth, you’ll have to interview those on your “short list.”
But what do you ask – and how do you know you’re asking the right questions?
5 Things to Ask Your Tampa Bay Custom Homebuilder
Good custom homebuilders in the Tampa Bay area will invite you in to see what they’re all about, so it’s a good idea to make a personal appearance; you’ll be able to see a portfolio of their recent work and ask all the questions you need to ask.
This is just a springboard to get you started. Make sure you write down any other questions you have so you don’t forget them while you’re meeting with the builder.
- How do you compare yourself with other builders in Tampa Bay when it comes to costs and benefits?
- Will I work with your designers to create my own floor plan? Will you simply modify your existing floor plans to meet my needs?
- How do you determine the final price of the custom homes you build? When do you determine the final price?
- How long does it generally take to complete a custom home?
- What kind of access will I have to the home while you’re building it?
Should You Buy a Custom Tampa Bay Home?
The decision to buy a custom home rather than a preexisting home is a very personal one. There’s no one-size-fits-all answer for everyone. If you do choose to purchase a custom home, you’ll still need to purchase the property, whether it’s in a Tampa Bay subdivision or in another area.
If you need help with your real estate search, call us at 727-584-8480 (Pinellas) or 813-961-6000 (Hillsborough). You can also get in touch with us online. We’ll use our in-depth knowledge of the entire Tampa Bay area to help you find the perfect place to call home.