According to the Better Business Bureau we need to start being extra careful to avoid online shopping scams. There are now scammers using social media ads on sites like Facebook to fool shoppers into buying items (they will never receive.) For example, a bunch of social media ads recently scammed shoppes into buying Trendy Iron, a hair straightener. Of course, after the shoppers paid for the item, they never got it. The shoppers would get an email confirmation and everything. So, at first, it seemed completely legitimate. Long after the item never showed up, the shoppers realized they were scammed.
So, as we enter the holiday shopping season, here are a few pointers to help identify scam ads on social media. Before you buy an item, check the contact info. Call the phone number listed and make sure it works. Also, verify that the shopping site is secure. Check for an HTTPS in the domain name. Research the vendor elsewhere, not just on its own web page.
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR TAMPA BAY AREA HOME?
If you’re interested in selling a Tampa Bay area home, please contact us for more information about listing your home. Check out our helpful article describing the process and how to decide if it’s the right time to sell.
ARE YOU BUYING A HOME FOR SALE IN TAMPA BAY?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Tampa Bay, do a quick online search or check out our:
- Tampa Bay homes for sale under $100,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $100,000 and $200,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $200,000 and $300,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $500,000 and $600,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $600,000 and $700,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $700,000 and $800,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $800,000 and $900,000
Our experienced agents know the area and would love to find you the perfect home in the Tampa Bay or any of the surrounding areas. When you’re ready, call us at 813-961-6000, or contact us online. We handle real estate in Hillsborough County (the Tampa – St. Petersburg – Clearwater metropolitan area), real estate in Pasco County (Port Richey, New Port Richey, Dade City, Zephyrhills and San Antonio), and real estate in Pinellas County (Tampa – St. Petersburg metropolitan area.) We’ll help you find the right home for your needs!