The Bay Area has seen some rental scams lately. We wanted to let you know what they are like. A potential rental sees a listing of a property for rent. The listing comes complete with a description and photos. The owner claims to not be able to meet in person. Since the listing is so thorough, the potential rental feels good about the property. The fake landlord sends a lease agreement and requests a security deposit. Then, the fake landlord says they will send the key by mail.
The fake landlord gets the money for the fake security deposit and are never heard from again.
What happens is that these scammers are taking photos and listings of actual properties for sale and pretending like they are properties for rent.
Please keep in mind that landlords will meet with you to show you the rental or send a manager or representative to actually show you the property. Don’t be a victim of one of these scams. And, if you have been victimized, please report the scam incident to the FBI here.
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR TAMPA BAY AREA HOME?
If you’re interested in selling a Tampa Bay area home, please contact us for more information about listing your home. Check out our helpful article describing the process and how to decide if it’s the right time to sell.
ARE YOU BUYING A HOME FOR SALE IN TAMPA BAY?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Tampa Bay, do a quick online search or check out our:
- Tampa Bay homes for sale under $100,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $100,000 and $200,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $200,000 and $300,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $500,000 and $600,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $600,000 and $700,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $700,000 and $800,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $800,000 and $900,000
Our experienced agents know the area and would love to find you the perfect home in the Tampa Bay or any of the surrounding areas. When you’re ready, call us at 813-961-6000, or contact us online. We handle real estate in Hillsborough County (the Tampa – St. Petersburg – Clearwater metropolitan area), real estate in Pasco County (Port Richey, New Port Richey, Dade City, Zephyrhills and San Antonio), and real estate in Pinellas County (Tampa – St. Petersburg metropolitan area.) We’ll help you find the right home for your needs!