Despite controversy, the Bezu condo tower in downtown won approval from city council. The approval means that a 19-story tower can move forward next to the historic Flori de Leon apartments. Originally, the Bezu was planned to tower 288 feet! Now, it’s planned for 180 feet. Instead of 29 condo units, it will feature just 20.
Downtown St. Petersburg currently features a walkability score of 91, which is quite impressive. Even the council was on the fence about the decision, but couldn’t get enough votes to stop the earlier approval. Some worry that it will bring too stark of changes to the downtown. Others say that new development is key to the downtown’s future.
What do you think about the plans for the Bezu condo tower?
604 DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BOULEVARD W TAMPA, Florida
1,637 SqFt 0.220 Acres
1660 GULF BOULEVARD PH-2 CLEARWATER BEACH, Florida
4 Beds 4 Baths 3,532 SqFt
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR TAMPA BAY AREA HOME?
If you’re interested in selling a Tampa Bay area home, please contact us for more information about listing your home. Check out our helpful article describing the process and how to decide if it’s the right time to sell.
ARE YOU BUYING A HOME FOR SALE IN TAMPA BAY?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Tampa Bay, do a quick online search or check out our:
- Tampa Bay homes for sale under $100,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $100,000 and $200,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $200,000 and $300,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $500,000 and $600,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $600,000 and $700,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $700,000 and $800,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $800,000 and $900,000
Our experienced agents know the area and would love to find you the perfect home in the Tampa Bay or any of the surrounding areas. When you’re ready, call us at 813-961-6000, or contact us online. We handle real estate in Hillsborough County (the Tampa – St. Petersburg – Clearwater metropolitan area), real estate in Pasco County (Port Richey, New Port Richey, Dade City, Zephyrhills and San Antonio), and real estate in Pinellas County (Tampa – St. Petersburg metropolitan area.) We’ll help you find the right home for your needs!