About Plant City
While it’s a common misconception that Plant City was named for the veggies and fruits grown in and around town throughout history, it was actually named after railroad developer Henry B. Plant.
However, this town is known as the winter strawberry capital of the world, and we hold the annual Florida Strawberry Festival each year in February or March.
There are plenty of places in Plant City that are listed in the National Register of Historic Places, which means it’s a great place to explore American history. Some of the most notable historic hotspots include:
- Bing Rooming House
- Downtown Plant City Commercial District
- Downtown Plant City Historic Residential District
- Glover School
- Hillsboro State Bank Building
- Historic Turkey Creek High School
- North Plant City Residential District
- Plant City High School
- Plant City Union Depot
- Standard Oil Service Station
The city is also home to Dinosaur World (it’s a great place for little ones, and the layout is exceptional), Alderman’s Ford Park, and the Edward Medard Park and Reservoir. We’re also close to the Alafia River State Park and Alderman’s Ford Regional Park.
You can learn more about Plant City by visiting the town’s official website at http://www.PlantCityGov.com/.
Explore Plant City Homes for Sale Today
Click the links below to get started on your home search in Plant City:
- Plant City Condos
- Plant City Golf Course Homes
- Plant City Luxury Homes
- Plant City Town Homes
- Plant City Waterfront Homes
- Plant City Homes for Sale 33564
- Plant City Homes for Sale 33549
- Plant City Homes for Sale 33565
- Plant City Homes for Sale 33566
- Plant City Homes for Sale 33567
Are You Looking for a New Home in Plant City or the Surrounding Areas?
Call us at 727-584-8480 or 813-961-6000. If it’s easier, get in touch with us online. We’ll begin searching for your new home right away.