Two species of maple trees actually grow well in Florida. Many Northerners relocate to the Sunshine State and miss their sugar maple trees. The next best options: the native red maple (Acer rubrum) and the Florida maple (Acer saccharum subsp. floridanum).
The native red maple loves growing in wet areas. They offer vibrant red fall leaves in the fall and gorgeous red flowers in the spring. Meanwhile, the Florida maple offers muted orange and yellow leaves. Some people consider the Florida maple a subspecies of the sugar maple from the North. Others disagree. This taxonomic question remains fairly unresolved, but it can bring happiness to our immigrants from the north to stick with the idea that these beautiful trees are a subspecies of the sugar maple they grew up around.
The Japanese maple grows alright in Northern Florida, but doesn’t grow so well in this area.
Thinking of Selling Your Tampa Bay Area Home?
If you’re interested in selling a Tampa Bay area home, please contact us for more information about listing your home. Check out our helpful article describing the process and how to decide if it’s the right time to sell.
Are You Buying a Home for Sale in Tampa Bay?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Tampa Bay, do a quick online search or check out our:
- Tampa Bay homes for sale under $100,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $100,000 and $200,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $200,000 and $300,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $500,000 and $600,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $600,000 and $700,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $700,000 and $800,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $800,000 and $900,000
Our experienced agents know the area and would love to find you the perfect home in the Tampa Bay or any of the surrounding areas. When you’re ready, call us at 813-961-6000, or contact us online. We handle real estate in Hillsborough County (the Tampa – St. Petersburg – Clearwater metropolitan area), real estate in Pasco County (Port Richey, New Port Richey, Dade City, Zephyrhills and San Antonio), and real estate in Pinellas County (Tampa – St. Petersburg metropolitan area.) We’ll help you find the right home for your needs!