The Brazilian pepper, cogon grass, Caesar weed, and air potato are all invasive plants that destroy native plants’ chances of thriving in Hillsborough County. These are the top invasive plants in Hillsborough County and the target of area conversationalists. Hillsborough County Conservation and Environmental Lands Management monitors the county to find these invasive plants. They physically remove them and destroy the root. Sometimes, they even prescribe fire to control invasion. These plants choke out native plants and can destroy the eco-system necessary for our amazing native wildlife.
The county also has invasive grasses like Carpet grass, Wild Bermuda grass, and Torpedo grasses. These invasive grasses can begin to dominate your St. Augustine Grass or your Bahia grass. When that happens, the only way to fight it is often by completely eliminating these grasses and starting over with new, native grasses.
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR TAMPA BAY AREA HOME?
If you’re interested in selling a Tampa Bay area home, please contact us for more information about listing your home. Check out our helpful article describing the process and how to decide if it’s the right time to sell.
ARE YOU BUYING A HOME FOR SALE IN TAMPA BAY?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Tampa Bay, do a quick online search or check out our:
- Tampa Bay homes for sale under $100,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $100,000 and $200,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $200,000 and $300,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $500,000 and $600,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $600,000 and $700,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $700,000 and $800,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $800,000 and $900,000
Our experienced agents know the area and would love to find you the perfect home in the Tampa Bay or any of the surrounding areas. When you’re ready, call us at 813-961-6000, or contact us online. We handle real estate in Hillsborough County (the Tampa – St. Petersburg – Clearwater metropolitan area), real estate in Pasco County (Port Richey, New Port Richey, Dade City, Zephyrhills and San Antonio), and real estate in Pinellas County (Tampa – St. Petersburg metropolitan area.) We’ll help you find the right home for your needs!