When people hear the term “four-point inspection,” they often make the association of “four stars,” and conclude it’s a superior inspection to all other inspections. Really though, the term “four-point” has nothing to do with the quality of an inspection. It’s only referring to the number of elements that are checked during the inspection. A four-point inspection is actually less-thorough than a complete inspection.
Four-point inspections generally just focus on the specific elements of the house that would normally be deal breakers if something went wrong. You know, those problems that could cost you a fortune if they’re not in proper order. Four-point inspections report on the following housing elements:
- Electrical work
- Heating & air conditioning systems
Four point inspections don’t include examination of appliances, hot water heaters or other issues that might still matter to a home buyer. So, we urge potential home buyers to have a complete inspection of the house, whether the lender requires it or not.
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR TAMPA BAY AREA HOME?
If you’re interested in selling a Tampa Bay area home, please contact us for more information about listing your home. Check out our helpful article describing the process and how to decide if it’s the right time to sell.
ARE YOU BUYING A HOME FOR SALE IN TAMPA BAY?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Tampa Bay, do a quick online search or check out our:
- Tampa Bay homes for sale under $100,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $100,000 and $200,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $200,000 and $300,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $500,000 and $600,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $600,000 and $700,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $700,000 and $800,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $800,000 and $900,000
Our experienced agents know the area and would love to find you the perfect home in the Tampa Bay or any of the surrounding areas. When you’re ready, call us at 813-961-6000, or contact us online. We handle real estate in Hillsborough County (the Tampa – St. Petersburg – Clearwater metropolitan area), real estate in Pasco County (Port Richey, New Port Richey, Dade City, Zephyrhills and San Antonio), and real estate in Pinellas County (Tampa – St. Petersburg metropolitan area.) We’ll help you find the right home for your needs!