Have you heard of the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship Program and how you can be a part of funding it and earn tax credits? It’s a new program that lets taxpayers get dollar-for-dollar credit against specific Florida taxes if they make donations to eligible nonprofit scholarship-funding organizations.
Florida Tax Credit Scholarship Program
In order to receive a dollar-for-dollar credits against the following Florida taxes, tax payers must contribute to specific organizations that fund scholarships for our young people. Here are the specific taxes the credit can be used against:
- corporate income tax
- excise tax on liquor, wine, and malt beverages
- gas and oil production tax
- insurance premium tax
- sales and use tax due under a direct pay permit
You should also know that that a new program went into effect on July 1, 2018 letting tenants of commercial rental properties apply for an allocation under the new Florida Sales Tax Credit Scholarship Program.
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR TAMPA BAY AREA HOME?
If you’re interested in selling a Tampa Bay area home, please contact us for more information about listing your home. Check out our helpful article describing the process and how to decide if it’s the right time to sell.
ARE YOU BUYING A HOME FOR SALE IN TAMPA BAY?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Tampa Bay, do a quick online search or check out our:
- Tampa Bay homes for sale under $100,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $100,000 and $200,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $200,000 and $300,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $500,000 and $600,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $600,000 and $700,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $700,000 and $800,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $800,000 and $900,000
Our experienced agents know the area and would love to find you the perfect home in the Tampa Bay or any of the surrounding areas. When you’re ready, call us at 813-961-6000, or contact us online. We handle real estate in Hillsborough County (the Tampa – St. Petersburg – Clearwater metropolitan area), real estate in Pasco County (Port Richey, New Port Richey, Dade City, Zephyrhills and San Antonio), and real estate in Pinellas County (Tampa – St. Petersburg metropolitan area.) We’ll help you find the right home for your needs!