When you’re making an offer on a home, whether it’s a condo in Apollo Beach, a luxury home in Odessa, or a golf course home in Largo, you need to do something to make your offer stand out – but short of renting a billboard nearby, what can you do?
How to Make Your Offer Stand Out in the Tampa Bay Real Estate Market
It’s common knowledge that sellers may get two or more simultaneous offers on their home, so you need yours to stand out.
The first thing you need is a preapproval letter from your lender. Many people think that a prequalification letter is sufficient, but an actual preapproval is much better because it shows the seller that your lender is committing to give you the right amount of money as long as your circumstances don’t change dramatically.
There’s no way to guarantee that a seller will accept your offer, but you can make it stand out (and therefore more likely to be accepted) by:
- Paying your own costs instead of asking the seller to cover them
- Offering to close early or to let the seller lease the home from you until he or she buys a new house
- Concede to make repairs rather than requesting the seller to handle them
- Avoid making your offer contingent upon selling your own home
- Connect with the seller by sending a personal note with your offer that includes your good impressions of the home
You can expect the seller’s Realtor® to work hard to get them the best deal, and by putting your best offer forward, there’s a greater likelihood that yours will be the one they prefer.
Are You Looking for Homes for Sale in Tampa’s Suburbs?
If you’re thinking about moving to Tampa, check out the links below to search for homes with just one click:
Call us at 727-584-8480 or 813-961-6000. If it’s easier, get in touch with us online. We’ll begin searching for your new home right away.