The Florida Building Code uses the America Society of Civil Engineers’ standards to establish wind-borne debris regions and wind-borne debris protection. Buildings in these areas must meet stricter standards than those that apply to the rest of the wind-borne debris region. New buildings in wind-borne debris regions must either withstand wind pressures from these strong storms, have windows made of shatter-resistant glass or have storm shutters that can withstand the external pressure.
Meeting the Shutter Requirement In Wind-Borne Debris Regions
To satisfy the shutter requirement, new buildings in these areas can either have impact-resistant glass or have all openings covered with hurricane shutters. Hurricane shutters can be either permanent or removable. To learn more, check out this informative brochure. Whether the home you’re thinking of moving into is a new construction or an older home, hurricane shutters are a great idea all around, even if the building is exempt.
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR TAMPA BAY AREA HOME?
If you’re interested in selling a Tampa Bay area home, please contact us for more information about listing your home. Check out our helpful article describing the process and how to decide if it’s the right time to sell.
ARE YOU BUYING A HOME FOR SALE IN TAMPA BAY?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Tampa Bay, do a quick online search or check out our:
- Tampa Bay homes for sale under $100,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $100,000 and $200,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $200,000 and $300,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $500,000 and $600,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $600,000 and $700,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $700,000 and $800,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $800,000 and $900,000
Our experienced agents know the area and would love to find you the perfect home in the Tampa Bay or any of the surrounding areas. When you’re ready, call us at 813-961-6000, or contact us online. We handle real estate in Hillsborough County (the Tampa – St. Petersburg – Clearwater metropolitan area), real estate in Pasco County (Port Richey, New Port Richey, Dade City, Zephyrhills and San Antonio), and real estate in Pinellas County (Tampa – St. Petersburg metropolitan area.) We’ll help you find the right home for your needs!