Tampa Bay area properties can have gorgeous ornamental grasses that are not considered turf grasses. There are a large number of ground covers that can make any Tampa Bay area property landscape more interesting. From true grasses to bamboos to sedges, let’s talk about ornamental grasses for Tampa Bay area properties.
Warning About Bamboos
We should note that if you choose bamboo varieties for your property, you should avoid bamboos that are naturally running and instead choose tropical clumping varieties. If you choose a running variety of bamboo, it can quickly grow out of hand and really upset your neighbors too!
There are several ornamental grasses to choose from that will do well in South Florida. Here are some to choose from:
- Tripsacum dactyloides
- Uniola paniculata
- Muhlenbergi capillaris
- Pennisetum setaceum
- Muhlenbergia dumosa
- Cymbopogon citratus
- Cortaderia selloana
- Eragrostis elliotii
- Spartina bakeri
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR TAMPA BAY AREA HOME?
If you’re interested in selling a Tampa Bay area home, please contact us for more information about listing your home. Check out our helpful article describing the process and how to decide if it’s the right time to sell.
ARE YOU BUYING A HOME FOR SALE IN TAMPA BAY?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Tampa Bay, do a quick online search or check out our:
- Tampa Bay homes for sale under $100,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $100,000 and $200,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $200,000 and $300,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $500,000 and $600,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $600,000 and $700,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $700,000 and $800,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $800,000 and $900,000
Our experienced agents know the area and would love to find you the perfect home in the Tampa Bay or any of the surrounding areas. When you’re ready, call us at 813-961-6000, or contact us online. We handle real estate in Hillsborough County (the Tampa – St. Petersburg – Clearwater metropolitan area), real estate in Pasco County (Port Richey, New Port Richey, Dade City, Zephyrhills and San Antonio), and real estate in Pinellas County (Tampa – St. Petersburg metropolitan area.) We’ll help you find the right home for your needs!