Pinellas County unemployment rate for September of last year was 3.5 percent. This year, it’s dropped to 2.7 percent in September. That’s the number that’s not seasonally adjusted released Oct. 19 by the state Department of Economic Opportunity. Last year in September, the labor for in the county was 498,722. This past September it had grown to 501,591.
In September of last year, 17,488 people were looking for work in Pinellas County. Last month though, only 13,476 were looking for work.
Across the metro area, the news is almost as good too! Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater reported that its unemployment rate was at 2.9 percent last month. In Sept 2017,the unemployment rate was 3.7 percent.
Last month, all counties in the state had over-the-year job gains. Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater came in third place in the state with a 3.8 percent increase, adding 49,800 new jobs. The industries that saw the most job growth are the following industries:
- The leisure and hospitality industry
- The construction industry
- The business and professional service industry
- Education and health services
- The trade industry
- Utility work
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR TAMPA BAY AREA HOME?
If you’re interested in selling a Tampa Bay area home, please contact us for more information about listing your home. Check out our helpful article describing the process and how to decide if it’s the right time to sell.
ARE YOU BUYING A HOME FOR SALE IN TAMPA BAY?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Tampa Bay, do a quick online search or check out our:
- Tampa Bay homes for sale under $100,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $100,000 and $200,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $200,000 and $300,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $500,000 and $600,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $600,000 and $700,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $700,000 and $800,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $800,000 and $900,000
Our experienced agents know the area and would love to find you the perfect home in the Tampa Bay or any of the surrounding areas. When you’re ready, call us at 813-961-6000, or contact us online. We handle real estate in Hillsborough County (the Tampa – St. Petersburg – Clearwater metropolitan area), real estate in Pasco County (Port Richey, New Port Richey, Dade City, Zephyrhills and San Antonio), and real estate in Pinellas County (Tampa – St. Petersburg metropolitan area.) We’ll help you find the right home for your needs!