The State of Florida has criminalized animal cruelty. Animal ownership carries responsibilities to the humane care, treatment and control of owned animals. So, Pasco County Ordinance Number 17-01 forbids anyone from knowingly selling, exchanging, or in any way transferring cats or dogs to people who were convicted of animal cruelty. This went into effect last year on March 1st.
Consequently, Pasco County maintains a database of people convicted of animal cruelty. The Animal Abuser Search for Pasco County ensures that the county is in compliance with the ordinance. If you are going to transfer an animal to someone, you are required to complete a search to make sure the person hasn’t been convicted of animal cruelty.
Click here to complete the search to maintain compliance with the County Ordinance before transferring your animal to another person. You must enter the first and last name and birth date of the person you hope to transfer your animal to.
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR TAMPA BAY AREA HOME?
If you’re interested in selling a Tampa Bay area home, please contact us for more information about listing your home. Check out our helpful article describing the process and how to decide if it’s the right time to sell.
ARE YOU BUYING A HOME FOR SALE IN TAMPA BAY?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Tampa Bay, do a quick online search or check out our:
- Tampa Bay homes for sale under $100,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $100,000 and $200,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $200,000 and $300,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $500,000 and $600,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $600,000 and $700,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $700,000 and $800,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $800,000 and $900,000
Our experienced agents know the area and would love to find you the perfect home in the Tampa Bay or any of the surrounding areas. When you’re ready, call us at 813-961-6000, or contact us online. We handle real estate in Hillsborough County (the Tampa – St. Petersburg – Clearwater metropolitan area), real estate in Pasco County (Port Richey, New Port Richey, Dade City, Zephyrhills and San Antonio), and real estate in Pinellas County (Tampa – St. Petersburg metropolitan area.) We’ll help you find the right home for your needs!