If you’re buying a home for sale in Tampa Bay, you’ll be glad to know that the Lowry Park Zoo is just around the corner from your new home. This beautiful zoo is open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., and you’ll get your fill of exotic and wild animals when you visit. Here’s what you need to know special encounters the zoo has to offer.
Special Encounters at the Tampa Bay Zoo at Lowry Park
There are several special encounters you can sign up for, whether you’re a zoo member or not. The best include:
- The Animal Care Tour. The Animal Care Tour lets you meet the staff involved in the animals’ daily care, including veterinarians and dieticians.
- Meet an African Elephant. The Meet an African Elephant Tour allows you to explore the life of an African Elephant in the zoo, including watching a training session and checking out the amazing elephant barn.
- Meet a Southern White Rhino. Get up-close and personal with the team who cares for the zoo’s Southern White Rhino population.
- Meet an African Penguin. This tour allows you to get a behind-the-scenes look at how zoo staff cares for African Penguins, and you’ll get to see young chicks before they grow.
- Walk With the Wallabies. Walk where Australian Wallabies are free to roam – you may even meet one personally on your tour.
- Feed the Lorikeets. Feed brightly feathered Lorikeets on this tour, where you can buy a nectar cup and let the birds grab a snack right from your hands.
- Touch and Feed the Stingrays. Visit Stingray Bay, where you can touch stingrays and feed them a shrimp snack.
- Feed the Giraffes. Stand on a feeding plateau and feed the world’s tallest animal.
Are You Buying a Home for Sale in Tampa Bay?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Tampa Bay, call us at 813-961-6000. In the meantime, check out our:
- Tampa Bay homes for sale under $100,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $100,000 and $200,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $200,000 and $300,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $500,000 and $600,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $600,000 and $700,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $700,000 and $800,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $800,000 and $900,000