Tampa is a fantastic place to live for many reasons. One recent indication of my people are moving to Tampa is the city’s recent perfect MEI score from the Human Rights Campaign. Tampa earned a 100 on the Municipal Equality Index Scorecard. Tampa is one of the most inclusive cities in the nation in fact.
Tampa excelled in all of the following categories:
This category looks at whether discrimination is prohibited by the city in areas of employment, housing and public accommodations.s.
Municipality as Employer
This category examines whether or not a municipality offers equal benefits and protections to LGBTQ employees, awards
contracts to fair-minded businesses, and ensures an inclusive workplace and if the city offers domestic partner benefits.
This category looks at how much effort the city puts towards ensuring that LGBTQ constituents are included in city services and programs.
This category examines if the city has fair enforcement of the law, how well it handles the reporting of hate crimes, how well it engages with the LGBTQ community and if the municipality offers a LGBTQ Police Liaison or Task Force.
Leadership on LGBTQ Equality
This category examines the city leadership’s commitment to include the LGBTQ community.
What Stands Out About Tampa
Three factors make LGBTQ visitors and residents feel accepted in Tampa, according to the scorecard reviews.
- The historic Ybor City is a diverse community within Tampa that has become inclusive to everyone, including the LGBT community. It has fun activities going on around the clock and all year round. It also has affordable living options.
- The local government and community takes inclusivity seriously. Buckhorn once said, “We are not ever, ever going to discriminate against anybody for any reason.”
- Support resources for the LGBTQ are in place for people who need help making social connections, starting a business or finding healthcare.
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR TAMPA BAY AREA HOME?
If you’re interested in selling a Tampa Bay area home, please contact us for more information about listing your home. Check out our helpful article describing the process and how to decide if it’s the right time to sell.
ARE YOU BUYING A HOME FOR SALE IN TAMPA BAY?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Tampa Bay, do a quick online search or check out our:
- Tampa Bay homes for sale under $100,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $100,000 and $200,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $200,000 and $300,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $500,000 and $600,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $600,000 and $700,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $700,000 and $800,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $800,000 and $900,000
Our experienced agents know the area and would love to find you the perfect home in the Tampa Bay or any of the surrounding areas. When you’re ready, call us at 813-961-6000, or contact us online. We handle real estate in Hillsborough County (the Tampa – St. Petersburg – Clearwater metropolitan area), real estate in Pasco County (Port Richey, New Port Richey, Dade City, Zephyrhills and San Antonio), and real estate in Pinellas County (Tampa – St. Petersburg metropolitan area.) We’ll help you find the right home for your needs!