When you’re selling your home in Tampa Bay, it makes sense to present it at its best. That means you need to do what it takes to stage it properly so buyers can envision their things where yours are now. When buyers can “see” themselves in a home, they’re more likely to make an offer.
The 5 Essentials of Home Staging
Staging a home doesn’t have to be a massive undertaking. If you can hire a professional home stager, it won’t hurt – but if you’re like many people, you’ll end up doing it yourself. While you’re getting amped up to stage your home, remember these five tips.
- Curb appeal matters. Make sure your house looks great from the outside – it’s the first impression potential buyers will get. Pull weeds, rake up lawn clippings and make sure you trim your shrubs (especially if they encroach on windows or the sidewalk).
- Fix everything that needs attention. A dripping faucet is a simple fix, and so are old window screens, gouges in paint and other minor cosmetic issues. While they truly are insignificant, potential buyers see them as big problems.
- Minimize your presence in the home. Less is more when you’re staging a home, so remove your personal effects; that includes family photos, trinkets and other pieces. You want potential buyers to see what your home has to offer them, not what it offered you.
- Maximize space by rearranging furniture. Even if you’re not used to it, moving the furniture around so that it provides easy traffic flow will go a long way with potential buyers. If you have to put a few pieces in storage to make rooms look larger, then stash them away – buyers don’t want to feel like rooms are cluttered, and they’ll have a tough time imagining their furniture in the space if there’s too much there already.
- Organize and clean. Potential buyers open cupboards and drawers, so make sure everything is organized, neat and tidy. It’s not easy, but while your home is on the market, you’ll need to make sure it’s spotless. Clean homes sell much more quickly than those with clutter here and there do.
Are You Selling Your Tampa Bay Home?
If you’re selling your home, let us know. We create extensive marketing plans for each of our clients to ensure maximum exposure to the right audience.
Call us at 813-961-6000 or at 727-584-8480 to talk about how we’ll put your home in front of qualified buyers. You can also email us if it’s easier – just fill out our contact form and we’ll get back to you right away.