For the best kept hedges, you need a professional landscape contractor or multiple tools.
Electric sheers are the number one tool for beautiful hedges. You’ll want to start at the bottom and shape hedges so that they are at least slightly narrower towards the top. Otherwise, you might block the sun from the bottom of the hedges and end up with fewer leaves towards the bottom. Use pruners to create small holes one to two feet apart in the hedge so that it can fill in with leaves. This will help keep the hedge lush. Be sure to remove the branches right at the joint. Use a 45 degree angle cut. Loppers come in handy if your hedge becomes too overgrown. As soon as stems become larger than three-quarters of an inch, you’ll need loppers.
Still, remember that you should never prune more than one-third of a plant’s branches at one time. Even if you move into a new home and the hedge is unruly, trim less than one-third of the shrub at once. Otherwise, the shock of it could kill the plant.
Thinking of Selling Your Tampa Bay Area Home?
If you’re interested in selling a Tampa Bay area home, please contact us for more information about listing your home. Check out our helpful article describing the process and how to decide if it’s the right time to sell.
Are You Buying a Home for Sale in Tampa Bay?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Tampa Bay, do a quick online search or check out our:
- Tampa Bay homes for sale under $100,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $100,000 and $200,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $200,000 and $300,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $500,000 and $600,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $600,000 and $700,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $700,000 and $800,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $800,000 and $900,000
Our experienced agents know the area and would love to find you the perfect home in the Tampa Bay or any of the surrounding areas. When you’re ready, call us at 813-961-6000, or contact us online. We handle real estate in Hillsborough County (the Tampa – St. Petersburg – Clearwater metropolitan area), real estate in Pasco County (Port Richey, New Port Richey, Dade City, Zephyrhills and San Antonio), and real estate in Pinellas County (Tampa – St. Petersburg metropolitan area.) We’ll help you find the right home for your needs!