Are you a vote-by-mail voter in Florida? Listen up, because this is important if you want your vote to count. Recently, a study of Florida’s past two presidential elections determined that mail ballots were 10 times more likely to be rejected than ballots cast on election day or at an early voting site.
The main reasons why vote-by-mail ballots in Florida were rejected was determined though. The reason is the signature! Voters either didn’t sign the ballot envelopes or their signature didn’t match the signature on file with the county. Signature issues were the number one reason for ballots not getting accepted when sent in by mail. So, don’t forget to sign your ballot if you plan to vote using a mail in ballot this election!
Tens of thousands of ballots sent in my mail typically get rejected, so if you want your vote to count, make sure to sign the ballot envelope if voting by mail. Alternately, just vote on election day or at an early voting location if you can.
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR TAMPA BAY AREA HOME?
If you’re interested in selling a Tampa Bay area home, please contact us for more information about listing your home. Check out our helpful article describing the process and how to decide if it’s the right time to sell.
ARE YOU BUYING A HOME FOR SALE IN TAMPA BAY?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Tampa Bay, do a quick online search or check out our:
- Tampa Bay homes for sale under $100,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $100,000 and $200,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $200,000 and $300,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $500,000 and $600,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $600,000 and $700,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $700,000 and $800,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $800,000 and $900,000
Our experienced agents know the area and would love to find you the perfect home in the Tampa Bay or any of the surrounding areas. When you’re ready, call us at 813-961-6000, or contact us online. We handle real estate in Hillsborough County (the Tampa – St. Petersburg – Clearwater metropolitan area), real estate in Pasco County (Port Richey, New Port Richey, Dade City, Zephyrhills and San Antonio), and real estate in Pinellas County (Tampa – St. Petersburg metropolitan area.) We’ll help you find the right home for your needs!