If you’re selling a home in Tampa or the surrounding communities, you’ll need a listing agent – but what is that, and how does working with a listing agent help you?
What is a Listing Agent?
A listing agent (also called a seller’s agent) is the real estate agent who lists your home for sale. He or she markets the home to potential buyers. The listing agent will help you get the highest amount of money possible for your home and receive a commission for doing so.
How Working With a Listing Agent Helps Sellers
Rather than sell your home yourself, it’s probably a better idea to work with a listing agent. A listing agent will:
- Pay to advertise your home in places buyers look, including online (on sites like Realtor.com and Trulia, as well as his or her own website) and on paper (like real estate magazines, flyers and postcards)
- Help you choose the right listing price for your home
- Complete the required legal forms for the sale
- Walk you through the process and ensure you’re not on the wrong side of the law
- Help you close the deal with the buyers by negotiating and working through the final paperwork that facilitates the transaction
Are You Looking for a Home for Sale in Tampa’s Suburbs?
If you’re thinking about moving to Tampa, check out the links below to search for homes with just one click:
Call us at 727-584-8480 or 813-961-6000. If it’s easier, get in touch with us online. We’ll begin searching for your new home right away.