Did you know that the City of Tampa and Hillsborough County have a watering schedule? Yup! In order to avoid the over use of water in Florida, this water conservation effort was put into place. Here’s how it works. Hillsborough County residents and residents of the City of Tampa get two days per week when they can water their laws and landscaping.
Here’s the schedule for watering your lawn in Hillsborough County or watering your lawn in the City of Tampa:
- Addresses ending in 0, 1, 2 or 3: You may water your lawns on Mondays and Thursdays
- Addresses ending in 4, 5 or 6: You may water your lawn on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Addresses ending in 7, 8 or 9: You may water your lawn on Wednesdays and Saturdays
Now, some locations have no address and are considered common areas, right? And some locations like office complexes have mixed addresses. These locations should water on Wednesdays and Saturdays just like people with addresses ending in 7,8 or 9.
Other Rules About Watering Lawns In Hillsborough and Tampa
On the days when you are allowed to water your lawn and landscaping, you must water between 6:00 in the evening and 8:00 in the morning.
If you’re hand-watering or using low-volume irrigation of any non-lawn and non turfgrass plants, you can do that whenever you want to.
Lastly, Hillsborough County and Tampa let you water new sod any day for the first 30 days. Then, during the next 30 days, you can water it every other day.
ARE YOU BUYING A HOME FOR SALE IN TAMPA BAY?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Tampa Bay, do a quick online search or check out our:
- Tampa Bay homes for sale under $100,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $100,000 and $200,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $200,000 and $300,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $500,000 and $600,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $600,000 and $700,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $700,000 and $800,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $800,000 and $900,000
Our experienced agents know the area and would love to find you the perfect home in the Tampa Bay or any of the surrounding areas. When you’re ready, call us at 813-961-6000, or contact us online. We handle real estate in Hillsborough County (the Tampa – St. Petersburg – Clearwater metropolitan area), real estate in Pasco County (Port Richey, New Port Richey, Dade City, Zephyrhills and San Antonio), and real estate in Pinellas County (Tampa – St. Petersburg metropolitan area.) We’ll help you find the right home for your needs!
13030 E US HIGHWAY 92 DOVER, Florida
3 Beds 2 Baths 1,677 SqFt 13.420 Acres
23410 GRACEWOOD CIRCLE LAND O LAKES, Florida
4 Beds 4 Baths 3,549 SqFt 0.280 Acres
9002 HAYMARKET LANE ODESSA, Florida
5 Beds 3 Baths 3,560 SqFt 0.800 Acres
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR TAMPA BAY AREA HOME?
If you’re interested in selling a Tampa Bay area home, please contact us for more information about listing your home. Check out our helpful article describing the process and how to decide if it’s the right time to sell.