Wind-resistant tree species are perfect for Tampa to stand up against some of the tropical storms and hurricanes that come through South Florida. See, some tree species can resist strong winds much better than others. Obviously, no tree is guaranteed to be wind-proof, but well-maintained trees of some species fare much better in strong winds and storms.
The following trees in our area are wonderful wind-resistant tree species:
- Most species of palm
- Geiger trees (Cordia sebestena)
- Mango trees (Mangifera indica)
- Live Oak (Quercus virginiana)
- Mimusops (Manilkara roxburghiana)
- Tamarind (Tamarindus indica)
Keep in mind that all trees do better well properly maintained. Sometimes, property owners over prune trees right before a storm for protection, but often these trees don’t survive. The best protection is to do healthy pruning every year.
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR TAMPA BAY AREA HOME?
If you’re interested in selling a Tampa Bay area home, please contact us for more information about listing your home. Check out our helpful article describing the process and how to decide if it’s the right time to sell.
ARE YOU BUYING A HOME FOR SALE IN TAMPA BAY?
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Tampa Bay, do a quick online search or check out our:
- Tampa Bay homes for sale under $100,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $100,000 and $200,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $200,000 and $300,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $300,000 and $400,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $400,000 and $500,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $500,000 and $600,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $600,000 and $700,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $700,000 and $800,000
- Tampa Bay homes for sale between $800,000 and $900,000
Our experienced agents know the area and would love to find you the perfect home in the Tampa Bay or any of the surrounding areas. When you’re ready, call us at 813-961-6000, or contact us online. We handle real estate in Hillsborough County (the Tampa – St. Petersburg – Clearwater metropolitan area), real estate in Pasco County (Port Richey, New Port Richey, Dade City, Zephyrhills and San Antonio), and real estate in Pinellas County (Tampa – St. Petersburg metropolitan area.) We’ll help you find the right home for your needs!